When choosing to rent or buy a ramp the decision can be confusing. An important thing to consider is how long will you need the ramp? If you think you will need it for longer than 6 months many people choose to buy the ramp. If you have a temporary injury and will need the ramp for less than 6 months, you might consider renting the ramp rather than buying it.
However, different situations call for unique solutions. We compiled a checklist of common ramp uses to better explain why you should choose whether to rent or purchase a ramp.
Rent a Ramp
- If you are injured and will only need short-term rehabilitation. If doctors believe you will make a full recovery, you will likely only need a ramp temporarily, therefore renting is a better choice in this scenario.
- If you are renting your property, it might be better to rent the wheelchair ramp. Most landlords will not pay to have a wheelchair ramp installed on their property.
- An end-of-life or hospice situation. If you know your loved one or yourself only have a few more years or months renting is preferable.
- You have guests with mobility challenges coming to visit and you would like to accommodate them during their stay.
- You are planning a special event. Perhaps you are having a wedding at your home or a family reunion. Whatever the case may be, it will be nice for anyone with difficulty in mobility to enter the house safely.
Buy a Ramp
- You might consider purchasing the ramp if it will be used for longer than 6 months.
- You or the one needing the ramp owns the property and would like to install a wheelchair ramp to make the home permanently accessible for years to come.
At Next Day Access, we offer a variety of wheelchair ramp styles for you to rent or buy, such as foldable ramps, aluminum ramps, weatherproof ramps, and more. We will deliver and install wheelchair ramps for both residential and commercial customers. You can contact us for a quick quote. You will also receive a free estimate and financing is available if you choose to buy.