If you have limited mobility, scooters are one of the best mobility devices to travel. They embody safety, ease, and independence. At Next Day Access, we offer 3-wheel and 4-wheel motorized scooters. Try to think about your lifestyle when deciding which scooter will best fit your unique needs.
One of the biggest differences between the 3-wheel and 4-wheel is its outdoor and indoor use. Four-wheel scooters work better when crossing over rugged terrain, while 3-wheel is better for maneuvering tight and smaller spaces. However, besides those, here are some other things to consider when in the market
- Primarily for indoor use. While it can withstand the outdoors, navigating over rough terrain isn’t as smooth as the 4-wheel scooter.
- Maneuverability and tighter turning radius, which is handy for small spaces and indoors.
- Offers more legroom for users who are taller
- Lighter in weight and portable.
- More stable, sturdier, and wide wheelbase. The size comes in handy for people who need more durability from their scooter.
- Offer greater balance when it comes to crossing varied terrain.
- The design of the scooters allows for better weight distribution, resulting in a more comfortable ride.
- Slightly more expensive than a 3-wheel scooter.
It’s important to take the features into consideration when choosing a mobility scooter to ensure you get the one that fits your lifestyle. Our accessibility experts can help you decide which scooter is best for you. Contact us for a free in-home safety consultation.