Handicare 1100 Straight Stairlift
The Handicare 1100 Straight Stairlift features next-generation technology with an ultra-streamlined design that takes up less space on your stairs. The Patented Multi-Drive System will ensure your stairlift is operating at peak levels at all times with no reduction in performance ever.
With the 1100, we eliminated the traditional tooth rack model and invested in a Friction Drive System. With no gear rack, we achieved a quieter, smoother, more robust stairlift that’s much easier to maintain. The modern aesthetic combined with stylish design allows the 1100 to blend into any environment, becoming a complementary piece in your home.
- Weight limit: 309 lbs
- Slim profile of 12.6 in when folded
- Continuous charging function
- Fold-up seat, footrest, and armrests save space for other stair users
- Safety sensors immediately stop the lift if anything is detected in its path
- EasyGlide technology ensures a smooth ride up and down the stairs with a gentle gliding stop
- Adjustable footrest ensures the perfect fit for each user
- Manual or powered 80-degree swivel seat for safer transfer onto and off the lift
- Upgradable to powered swivel and footrest options
- Four brush heads constantly sweep away dust and hair from the rail
- Key switch prevents unauthorized use
- Vanilla beige leatherette finished seat for easy cleaning
- Footrest features textured grips for greater traction
- Manual emergency stop
- Patented multi-drive provide constant power to your lift
- Two remote controls included
- DC plug-in power
- Battery backup in the event of a power outage
How does a Stairlift work?
Stairlifts travel on a rail that attaches to the treads of a staircase and in most cases do not require additional support from a wall. They are battery powered, with a cord running from the top or bottom of the rail to a standard outlet to keep the batteries charged.
I only need a stairlift for a short period of time, can I rent one?
Many of our locations offer straight stairlifts for rental. They are a great option while recovering from an injury or when you have a friend or relative visiting who needs assistance getting up the stairs. Renting is a more affordable option than buying a lift. Curved stairlifts are not available for rental because the rails are custom-made for your staircase and cannot be reused. In some situations, two straight units can be installed for rental use in split level homes or staircases that have landings in the middle.
What if I lose power?
What is the weight capacity of a Stairlift?
Will the stairlift still allow people to use stairs?
My staircase is complicated – will a stair lift fit?
Can a stairlift be used outdoors?
Yes! If your outdoor space isn’t accessible, then an outdoor stairway lift might be the solution you need. It is similar to an indoor stair lift, but it’s made with weather-resistant materials to withstand outdoor elements. Simply sit on the outdoor stair lift to be transported up or down the stairs with relaxation and ease.